Banking is an integral part of internet gambling. Just like in land-based properties, online players have to deposit money into their accounts if they want to play the offered games for real money. To do this, the operator must provide the customer with the means of sending funds into their accounts. Also, the player must be able to withdraw their profits from the gambling site whenever they win.
For players in the United States, there are several ways through which you can fund your account or withdraw your winnings from legal gambling websites. The casinos provide you with several methods, giving you the freedom to choose the one that works best for you. This page provides you with insight on the top available internet casino banking options for US players, and we will also tell you why they are best.
Most Popular Casino Banking Options for United States Players
Punters in the United States have a wide variety of options when it comes to casino banking. As a player, all you have to do is select the option that meets all your needs and use it to make payments to your favorite gambling site to start playing. The payment methods supported by gambling sites that accept American players vary from credit and debit cards to e-wallets and bank transfers.
Let's take a closer look at each of the above methods
- Credit cards: Credit cards are among the most popular payment and withdrawal methods used by US players. A majority of American players prefer to make their online casino payments via credit cards because they are convenient and easy to use. All the player has to do is ensure they have sufficient credit for the amount they wish to deposit to initiate the transaction. Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Debit cards: Just like credit cards, debit cards make an excellent option if you are looking for a safe way to deposit money to your online casino account. For US players, you can use either Visa or MasterCard debit cards to make instant deposits to your account.
- Digital wallets: Also known as electronic or E-Wallets, digital wallets are widely used by punters around the world, and now they are becoming increasingly popular among American gamblers. The E-wallets allow players to link their credit and debit card details for secure and fast payment to online gambling accounts. Available E-wallets for American internet casinos include PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller.
- Bank wire transfers: This method allows you to transfer funds directly from your bank account to the gambling site.
- Online banking: You can use online banking transfers if you do not want to make your deposit via bank wire or credit cards. A majority of regulated gambling sites in the USA allow their customers to use ACH payment services for casino banking.
- Cryptocurrency: Digital currencies like Bitcoin and Litecoin are the safest bet if you are looking to gamble with security and anonymity.
- Paper checks: Paper checks are a great option if you want to deposit huge amounts of money into your player account. The only drawback to this method is that it might take up to two weeks for the funds to appear in your account and up to a month to receive your winnings if you choose to withdraw via paper check.
Are These Casino Banking Options Free of Charge?
A majority of gambling sites that accept American punters cover the transaction fees for both deposits and withdrawals, meaning that their customers are not charged when they make payments or cash out.
However, some casinos do not absorb the transaction costs, and the patrons are charged small transaction fees whenever they send money to the sites. Besides the transaction charges, each gambling site has maximum and minimum limits for each payment method which you should check before settling on any method. The transaction processing times also differ from one method to the other.
Online Casino Banking Safety and Security
As a player, your primary concern when making payments to your preferred gambling site should be security. You should be able to rest easy and play knowing that the casino has taken adequate measures to protect your financial details from third-party access and cyber frauds. The sites that partner with financial service providers like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal are heavily regulated and they follow a strict code of conduct set by these companies. These rules include PCI compliance and ensuring that the websites are secured using SSL encryption.
You can read our reviews
of top gambling sites for USA players to see the available casino banking options.